I was recently complaining to a friend that a particular bar was too loud for a good girls’ night out–I couldn’t hear to hold a conversation. She laughed, exclaiming “You know you’re old when…..” After that I started to notice a few other tell-tail behaviors that might indicate that the aging process is well on its way.
You Know You’re Old When…
- You complain the bar is too loud to hold a decent conversation
- You fall asleep at the neighbor’s house watching rugby
- You try to avoid squinting in the sun so you don’t get more eye-wrinkles
- You start to sound like your mom (“Hungry? Have an apple. No? Then you’re not that hungry.”)
- You find it exciting to grocery shop, alone, without the kids. Seriously.
- You head to bed at 9 p.m. and consider 7 a.m. a lie-in
- Your mental notes don’t work anymore, so your life is held together with written lists
- You remember rotary dial phones but your kids do not know what a land-line is
- The sesame street episodes you watched as a kid have big poofy 80’s style hair and leggings…and the latter are now back in style
- You’re willing to pay ridiculous prices to shave ounces off hiking gear
- Your partner denies that he’s getting old
- People address you as “Mrs”
- You remember the dawn of the internet
- You have to ask your kids where they last saw your shoes
- You get excited over an electric blanket pre-warming the sheets
And when you start going from room to room to remember why you went to the first room,yikes. Milo & Naomi can’t get any more adorable!
🙂 You’re fast approaching 50!!!! Catching us up 🙂
Ah, that’s not old age! That just comes from being an adult with a wealth of life experience, and being hard-working with a lot of responsibilities. (Graham)
Graham & Teena Paul email GrahamTeenaPaul@gmail.com Website jesusteachings.org.nz
Address: 68C St Martins Rd, St Martins, 8022 Christchurch, NZ phone landline (+64) 3 3373181 mobiles (+64) 22 0974812 (Graham), (+64) 22 0974811 (Teena)